Fairview

Fairview

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

family mysteries

Some questions:
1. Who is Rosemary Farley Maher?? Steve gave me a copy of several family photos a few years ago, and one of them is of a little girl, maybe 2 years old? named Rosemary Farley Maher. The photo was taken in Portland Oregon. The fact that it's in our family leads me to belive she's a relative - is she the daughter of one of Patrick brothers? or of a child of one of his brothers? Does anybody know anything about Rosemary?
2. Do we know the first names of any of the McPherson family? I googled McPherson, Nebraska and goodness, there's a lot there! There's a Fort McPherson, and a McPherson ranch and campground, near or in Platte County. I'll try doing a little more on Ancestry on this, but any additional info would be great. It would be great to know more about the ranch where George worked.

2 comments:

  1. Lois, Somewhere there is a post card and a letter that may have some info on the ranch. We we go over Dad's "stuff" I will look for them.

    This is the tragedy of no Uncles or Aunts to refer our questions to.

    Let me know what you find.

    How do you feel about Columbus in one or two years?

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know more about the ranch. I googled "McPherson Ranch, Nebraska", and there's a lot there, including a sort of camping park. I have no idea if this is connected to George's McPhersons or not. There's a old historic Fort McPherson, too, so this family was there for a long time.

    ReplyDelete